So... What's Next?


Over the past few months, we have done a lot of talking, creating, and reflecting, so... now what?  It's been another hectic year in the classroom, a busy year at home and T-9 days until summer vacation, but who's counting. Then what?  Well, I start thinking and planning for September.  Just as we're winding down for the school year, I need to take what we've been talking about for the past little while and put it into action.  I plan to unwind by catching up on some summer adult reading for a couple of weeks then digging into all of this.  I'm already thinking of how I'm going to fit everything in that I want to fit in next year.  Where do I even begin? 

As I begin to contemplate how I'm going to tackle the beast, I need to remind myself that I can't get ahead of myself and try too many things all at once.  Trying to get too far ahead, will produce opposite results and risk failure.  So for the next few weeks, as I read the great American... err... Canadian novel, I'll also be prioritizing and mapping out the road ahead.  This course built up my confiendence and exposed me to new things and I think that I need to digest it.  The first goal that I have set for myself is to take time to actively reflect, even if no one is listening.  It is my hope that I continue this blog or journal my travels in the classroom.  Taking a moment out of the day to sit back and look at what I have in front of me is likely a great place to start.  Life gets busy with kids, work, and other distractions, so taking a moment to pause, look up at the stars and reflect is my first priority.

Comments

Popular Posts