One Step Beyond
During this Learning Experience, I've really enjoyed delving into Skype. Skype is a program that I have thought about in the past but have never acted upon it. After digging around on the MIE site, I been looking and learning ways to incorporate Skype into my regular practice. As mentioned previously, it's a matter of baby steps. My plan is to get started with a Mystery Call and then go from there. I have enjoyed learning more about virtual field trips. Again, this is something that I had heard a lot about but wasn't sure how I could connect it with my day-to-day. Through LE 1.8, I've seen some great examples of just how to weave a meeting with a class from a far off land.
Now bringing my learning back to this land and talking with colleagues across the province (in not so far off lands), these discussions have been tied in closely to the OCT Standards of Practice. Though I feel we have touched on all five, I would argue that I haven't addressed each of the equally. Leadership in Learning Communities is such an important point and one that we have discussed online, however, in the end, I don't feel that I walked away with a strong strategy on how to develop this. There were many ideas shared, lunch and learns, Apple Clips, Screencastify, etc. however, I am still struggling with leading those reluctant staff and students. Within the standards, this is the one area that I would like to focus on.
I have honestly enjoyed the learning so far, and look forward to what lies ahead.


Comments
Post a Comment